Sunday, April 1, 2012

We're Free, We're Free!!

What a crazy day, we are now in Laredo Texas 2 days ahead of schedule. Last Friday Chance our company's field service guy showed up at about 10:15am and said that they are closing our gate. I said you're kidding! How come? He didn't know why because we all thought that the other gate was going to close and we would still be here until Sunday and they would keep this gate opened. He called the FS again just to make sure and he said that it was this gate that is to be closed.

Sherry was just waking up and I told her that they are closing our gate. It didn't take her long to get dressed and to start packing things up. Chance and I started to get things in order outside. Sherry and I packed up the truck last night and we were ready with the truck. Who knew that we would be leaving the next day. Chance and I agreed that since no one is replacing us that we could take our time getting things in order.

It wasn't long that I had the truck hooked up to the trailer and I was pulling out to back myself out of the gate. There was no room to turn around and backing out is the only option. Sherry was behind me and I started to go and she directed me to the road and we were set.

One of the land owners showed up as soon as we were ready to leave and we said our good-byes. He was somewhat concerned what was going to happen with the gate and asked Chance what he was going to do. I don't know what was going to happen but we started on our way.

The truck seemed to be sluggish and I realized that I was driving with the e-brake on. Oh crap!! I drove about 8 miles with the brake on. I think I might have to have my son Chris take a look at and see what needs to be done if anything. I also have a miss in the engine and Chris said get it here and I will look at it. With this miss we will be using a lot of gas but I can't locate which cylinder it is. Chris has the tools necessary to figure out what the problem is. I called the park that we were suppose to go to on Sunday and ask if we could show up early and they said no problem. We showed up at about 1:30 and got our site and set up. It is a nice park with a lake and clean. The price is $18 a night for water and electric and $21 a night for full hook ups. They didn't have any full hook ups available but she said that we could move if one did come available. I don't think we will have a problem but if I need to dump we have the "Blue Boy" tank that I can dump in to and take it up to the dump station.

Now that we have a few extra days here, this gives us more time to look for the dresses for Sherry and Bri. I started to hook up the satellite dish and tried to get a signal. No luck! I called for assistance but no luck there either. I am sure that I am doing things right but no signal. The next day was real nice, we went to Wal-Mart so I can get a much needed hair cut while Sherry and Bri went shopping. We had lunch and went to a second hand store to start looking for the dresses. No luck there and off to Kohl's, no luck there either. Oh well I am not worried, we still have time before the wedding.

We still haven't heard anything about the baby so once again no news is good news. We will be leaving Laredo on Wednesday morning heading towards Dickinson, TX which is where my son lives. We plan to arrive there on Friday and will be staying there for some time. Sherry is very eager to see him and the babies. She keeps telling me that the babies NEED their MeMa, I have to agree with her on that one. She is very anxious to get there but is also relieved she is not staying up all night watching the gate.

I have a great internet signal here at the park so in the next couple of days I will post the pictures of the bathroom that I promised weeks ago.

Until next time.................Be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment