Saturday, February 18, 2012

I'm Still Here Alive and Well The Final Chapter

Let me see, we are at the gate, the kid left, the trailer is somewhat level, not really but ok, and we are signing people in and out like crazy. Then it hit like a ton of bricks, Sherry realized she has the night shift, oh crap. Well it wasn't all that bad but this is what we agreed upon. It looks like we in for the long haul at least up to the end of March. Now we can look forward to Christmas with the kids back in Houston.

You see we took this job on the pretences that we get Christmas Eve off when we talked to the company. A few weeks has pasted and I kept calling our field suspervisor and he said that he was working on it. We have not even met this man nor has he called us to see how we are doing, not much of a supervisor if you ask me. Well it was coming down to the wire and he finally showed up one day and he said that he would ask this couple whose gate was closing down if they would cover for us. They said yes and he told me that I would have to pay them, which was fine with me, but I didn't know what we were getting paid, nobody has told me. As a matter of fact the lack of information with this company is fenominal, he looked at me like I knew what he was talkng about. Not to impressed with this guy.

We talked to the other couple and got things squared away and we took off on Friday morning the 23rd of December. We stayed at a hotel for the night and went over to my oldest daughter's house for some Christmas cheer and left back for the gate on Christmas Eve. We entered into the gate at about 11:00 PM and got everybody settled, especially Bri. I drove all the way in the rain and I was very tired but we still had to help Santa with a few things before I went to bed. Sherry stayed up until about 4:30 or so and I took over while she went to bed. Bri and Sherry woke up and Bri opened her gifts. She kept asking Mom if see saw Santa last night and she told her that she did and that Santa knew what was going on and why Mom was still up.

Now that Christmas is over and the decorations have been put away we can consentrate on establishing somewhat of a routine. The weather has been really weird meaning it is cold, then hot, then raining and windy and cold again, all this happening within like two days. When the weather is hot we open the windows and try to cool off some but the disavantage of doing that is all the dust comes in and boy everything in the trailer has a brown tinge to it. I have to get the ac unit replaced.  DING.....DING   You know what that means, until next safe.

1 comment: