Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Back To Work

We went back to work last Sunday after being off for week. Now we are off today, Tuesday and tomorrow. Joel and Linda worked their last day on Sunday. There was not much going on but we all managed to stay busy, somehow.

Joel and Linda took off yesterday to head back home. He emailed me to let me know that they made it home safely. They have a busy schedule for the next few months and are expected back in Branson in mid November for a doctor's appointment. Unfortunately we think that we will miss them by a day or so because we will be leaving around that time.

Our work load is going to be heavy for this coming Labor Day weekend. At last count for the whole park there are 80+ arrivals and the lodge is filling up fast. We are to have help and I am sure that all will go well, tired but well. There will be many check outs but they all don't have to be done in one day. We can spread them out for a few days.

I forgot to mention in my last post that on our vacation we went to visit Silver Dollar City.  In case you don't know, this theme park is set back in the 1880's or so having people making things from that time period. The park was very clean and lots of shops. Bri got to ride a few rides and she loved them. My expectations were not met. I am not sure what I was expecting but when we left I felt disappointed. It is more of an outside mall of different craft stores and such. We did plan to go for two days but decided not to go the second. The most expensive thing we bought was lunch. I don't mean to bad mouth the place but just giving my opinion. I think everybody should experience the place once and form your own opinion.

Onto my other subject that I opened up in my last post. Sherry and I both feel that full timing in the RV was and still is the choice for us.

For us full timing was a choice we made many years ago when we retire. It just so happened that the decision was a little earlier, like 12 years. When I lost my job back in late of 2008 Sherry was kidding around and said "The heck with it let's just sell everything and go full timing." I looked at her and said that is a possibility. We talked more about it while I was still looking for work. We were out and about one day and saw this fifth wheel and decided to take a look. We looked at it and just kept looking at it. I think that's when we both knew that this is the path we were going to go down. I cashed in my 401k and we purchased our new home. Oh it also came with a Ford pick-up to tow it with.


Here is our home a 1997 NU-WA Snowbird, 31 foot.

I don't have much more to say now so until next time have a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment