Thursday, January 31, 2013

Not Much Going On

We have been on this job now for about three weeks. I would say that we average about ten license plates that I check per day and nothing at night. It really makes for an easy day.

Sherry has made up a list of things for me to do around the place to help keep me busy and the list is getting smaller. I am sure she will probably add more to it in the near future. It can get somewhat boring around here but I have my books to read, Sherry has her quilting and Bri has her school work.

We might get switched to another location but we will just wait until the boss man tells us to move. Until then we just keep on keeping on. We did have some excitement yesterday. I went to check out a little store and when I was gone our dog Gizmo decided to go exploring on his own. Sherry went to check on a license plate and he darted out the door and took off. Sherry went after him and about ten minutes later finally got him. She was just about to give up on catching him. She will start training him by the door starting today.

The weather around here has been decent but very windy. First we had strong winds coming from the south and then a front came through and the winds switch from the north. The front did bring some cooler temps but the wind was bad. It shook the whole trailer but died down in the evening time. Today looks like a very nice day with no strong winds.

Tomorrow is payday so Bri and I will make our trip into town to get groceries and supplies for the next two weeks. Bri gets all excited about going into town. I think it's that she gets a happy meal along the way.

Oh speaking of Bri we have now started to pay her for little jobs that she does around the house. She noticed that she wanted a particular Barbie doll and she saved her money to buy it. I told her that the Walmart we go to didn't have it but introduced her to the world of buying online. We went to Amazon.com and there it was. We ordered it and I told her that it will be sent to our office and it will take about 5 days to get there. She went to the calendar and counted out the days and realized how long it will take. It about killed her to wait that long. But she did get her doll and she was happy. Now she is saving her money for a another Barbie toy, she needs 20 dollars more and she will have that one.

Each day she comes up to me and asks if there are any jobs that she can do. I think she is getting the idea. I just hope that she will take this lesson into her adult life that you have to save your money if you can't afford them right away. A lesson that I wish I would have learned when I was young.

Well not much more to say other than that I have not forgotten the final pictures of the floor. I will get them up soon. So.......................

Until Next Time................................Be Safe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment