Yesterday was a beautiful day, the sun was shining, a few puffy clouds and the temps were in the upper 80's. What a great day to go fishing. Bri and I were up and I decided to take her fishing down to one of the area ponds.
Bri was doing great and was catching some small sun fish. She received a new fishing pole for Christmas and was doing great. It was a big person's type pole. She was doing so well that she even caught a turtle.
Mom came out to join us and cheer us on. I have yet to catch anything so far. Bri started to complain that she didn't feel good and that's when all hell broke loose.
I turned my back to bait my hook and Bri started to wobble and then went face first into the mud and water. Sherry picked her head up out of the water and I lifted her straight up and laid her down on her back. She was scared and crying. Sherry started to talk to her and calm her down. I noticed that her fishing reel was in pieces. She landed on the reel with her chest.
I went to the trailer to call 911 to get the paramedics out here. By the time the paramedics got there Bri was calmed down and she was talking normally to us. The paramedics asked if we wanted them to take her to the hospital and we said yes. This has never happened to her before so we were very concerned and worried.
Bri was born to us 3 months pre-mature. She only weighed one pound eight ounces at birth. She stayed in the NICU for 3 months and had heart surgery when she was 3 days old. This had to be done to staple a valve closed to allow more blood to go to her lungs and increase her pressure. This valve is normally closed when the baby goes through the birth canal. Bri was a c-section baby.
The hospital ran all the tests and a "ECG" on her heart. In short all the tests came back normal. The doctor said what happened to Bri was that she was dehydrated and had hypo-tension. They gave her a bag and an half of fluids via an IV and took her blood pressure many times before we left. We were at the hospital all afternoon and Bri was very hungry.
When we left the hospital I stopped and got everybody some food and went back to the trailer. With this now in our plans Sherry and I will talk about what we may do next. The baby, my son's daughter, seems to be responding to the current medication that she is on. She hasn't had to go to the hospital at all lately which is a good sign. Sherry and I haven't discussed when we might be leaving but since this episode with Bri our plans on leaving may be put on the back burner for a while.
Until next time.............Be Safe.