Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Yesterday was a great day. We were off and Sherry wanted to go see some craft shops. We drove through the main strip and found the first one and boy it was big. The shops around here just seem to go on forever. We stumbled onto a man who makes outdoor signs so I talked to him about making a sign for us to hang outside on our trailer. He makes them out of ceder and I know it will hold up in the weather. It will say "Lambros' Est. 1981". We also told him that we will be hanging a horseshoe on it as well. He said that it will be ready in about a week and that works great for us since we will be off at that time to pick it up.

After that we went to a place for lunch that was a buffet. This was a real nice place and also had a petting type animal show that Sherry thought would be nice to take Brianne. We will investigate that in the near future. The food was very good but somewhat pricey.

We took off to locate where this one show was going to be because we get free tickets to see them tomorrow night. They are called the "Heygoods". We found the theater and went to find another craft store. Nothing new there pretty much the same as the other one but what we did find was a card that had the correct spelling for Brianne's name. The first time ever that we found something that had the correct spelling of her name. Pretty cool. After that we went grocery shopping and went home.

Today we had to go back to work. Now mind you that this work is not hard at all. Come on how hard is it to make a bed and vacuum? And be in the a/c? Well sometimes the a/c isn't on when we go in but it is not bad. We found out that one of our cleaning couples had left to go back home so that leaves just us and Joel and his wife Linda who starts back working again we think tomorrow.

Joel and Linda will be working over at the main campground which has a motel with 5 rooms and a mobile home that will sleep up to ten people. Basically a 3 bedroom, 2 bath home. They will keep that up and cleaned and do laundry over there. Sherry and I will be handling the lodge that consists of 25 rooms and laundry. Now don't think that we got the short end of the stick here we prefer doing the lodge, it has a better washing and drying machines than the other side. We all work together and help each other out.

Today Sherry and I cleaned 4 rooms which is what we call a check out and did 3 refreshes, which are towels, make the beds and trash gathering. After that we do the laundry and anything else that needs to be done within our capabilities. Sherry likes to clean the outside doors to the rooms so there you go.

Tomorrow we were scheduled from 11 to 6:30 but asked the manager, Roger if we could come in early so we can get off early to make the show and he said fine no problem. What a relief, now we have a little time to get cleaned up before we go to the show. I am looking forward to it. I just hope I can bring my camera in to take pictures.

Well I think that's about it for the last two days. We really do like it here and we may even think about coming back next year if they will have us. I have to get up early tomorrow so until the next time have a good one.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nick
    Really it was a great amusement moment for you that you passed with your family on going on a Trip.
    Travels of the Mind